This year, our family put together 24 bags for people-in-need we pass on the side of the road. Our plan is to keep them in the car, ready to go at a moment's notice, so we don't miss an opportunity to serve someone.
I read multiple articles on best inclusions and came up with these ten items to put in a gallon sized bag:
1. A toothbrush. These came to $.49/piece
2. Toothpaste $.87/piece
3. Hand warmers if you're doing this during the Winter $.65/piece
4. Socks (the most requested item-- don't go the cheap route here) $1.94/pair
5. Packets of tuna $.98/pouch
6. Plastic water bottle $.10/bottle
7. Peanut Butter Crackers $.40/pack
8. Nail Clippers $.37/piece
9. Individually wrapped wipes $.16/wipe
10. Kind hand written note that conveys God's love and their humanity.
If you included one of each item, these bags would come to around $6.00/piece. That feels incredibly doable! Additionally, you could include more of each item or money/ gift cards to places like McDonalds.