Not to be dramatic, but this protein smoothie changed my life.
(Okay, a little dramatic.)
But truly-- learning the importance of protein, fiber, and greens in the morning... and learning to remove the carbohydrates that immediately turn to sugar... has allowed me to feel full & satisfied until lunch time everyday.
I drink this whether I feel hungry early in the morning or not, because I know I'll otherwise eat the first thing I see when I'm starving by ten. (And the chances of that thing being healthy are 0%).
It takes two minutes to make, I always have the ingredients on hand, and it really does keep me full until lunch.
Here's how I make mine, but feel free to substitute as you wish.
· I scoop protein powder (I love the taste of this one-- not protein powder-y at all)
· I scoop collagen powder (I truly see a different in my joints when I use this. Crazy!)
· 1-2 scoops BP fit powder (you could also use another form of nut butter)
· a tbsp(ish) ground flax powder (the fiber helps break everything down in your body)
· half an avocado (makes it creamy and adds a good fat)
· handful of spinach (I keep mine in the freezer so it never goes bad)
· a banana
· handful of ice (alternatively, you could freeze your bananas)
· 1-2 cups almond milk (alternatively you could use coffee/cold brew!)
· Add everything to your blender and mix!
Note: We've had this blender for five years and love it. Our jar broke once and they replaced it, no questions asked. It's a little more pricey, but it's made a 1-2 smoothies for our family every morning without problem. We've gotten our money's worth!