Not to be dramatic, but this protein smoothie changed my life.
(Okay, a little dramatic.)
But truly-- learning the importance of protein, fiber, and greens in the morning... and learning to remove the carbohydrates that immediately turn to sugar... has allowed me to feel full & satisfied until lunch time everyday.
I make this while my kids are eating breakfast and put it in the fridge until I'm hungry. Oftentimes, it keeps me full until early afternoon.
Here's how I make mine currently, but feel free to substitute as you wish. (I used to add the PB Fit powder and an avocado which is why it's pictured. I don't right now.)
· 2 scoops protein powder (I love the taste of this one-- not protein powder-y at all)
· I scoop collagen powder (I truly see a different in my joints when I use this. Crazy!)
· a tbsp(ish) ground flax powder (the fiber helps break everything down in your body)
· a handful of spinach or kale (I keep mine in the freezer so it never goes bad)
· half of a frozen banana
· a handful of frozen riced cauliflower
· 1.5 cups milk
· my Mix-Her packets (I use her greens and her pleasure)
· Add everything to your blender and mix!
Note: We've had this blender for five years and love it. Our jar broke once and they replaced it, no questions asked. It's a little more pricey, but it's made 2 smoothies for our family every morning without problem. We've gotten our money's worth!